Sr/Lead SDET Engineer needed in Rockville, MD
- 10+ years’ experience
- Test an externally exposed web app that Client has developed using Angular/Typescript and AWS Serverless technologies.
- 10+ years of experience in an SDET space
- Programming preference: Knowledge of Angular/ TypeScript.
- Test Automation (UI/ API/ DB): Java/ Selenium/ Cucumber/ Rest assured
- Some knowledge of Cypress is strongly preferred
- Performance testing experience using tools like Gatling
- Special preference for candidates with AWS serverless experience or AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification
Required Skills/Must Have:
5+ years of experience in software quality assurance and software development in the test.
- 3+ years of experience in programming in either Java (PREFERRED), C#, Ruby, Python, Perl, 3+ years of experience with database testing.
- Experience with XML/XSL, Web Services (SOAP/REST), JSON, and other information exchange technologies.
- Experience with the UNIX environment.
- Practical knowledge and experience of all phases of software development.
- Experience with testing at different levels (unit, functional, integration, API/component, system, load, and performance testing)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with test automation and load testing tools (Selenium, QTP, LoadRunner, Jmeter…etc)
- BS in Computer Science.
Preferred Skills /Desired but not required:
- Experience with ETL tools.
- Experience in the financial domain.
Principal Duties/Roles and responsibilities:
- The Lead Software Developer in Test ensures successful completion of software projects by executing on software quality activities throughout the software development life cycle. The Lead Software Developer in Test is actively involved in writing test plans and test strategies, test case development, test tools development, automation/load/performance test strategizing, development and execution, test case execution, test results analysis, and defect reporting. The candidates’ main objective will be to drive the quality of the software products delivered by the development team.
- Looking for candidates having 10+ years of IT experience.
- Develop test plans and test strategies.
- Review business requirements and software system designs for testability.
- Participate in reviews of system architecture, code, and design documents
- Identify project risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Lead junior staff members during project execution.
- Train and mentor junior staff members in technical solutions, coding, test execution, and test processes.
- Actively participate in Test Automation strategizing and its implementation.
- Develop load and performance tests.
- Develop scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets, and other programmatic test tools as part of test execution.
- Develop solutions and processes for manual and automated test execution.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.