Mobile Developer - ios
Mobile Developer - Android & iOS needed in Durham, NC
Remote work from: Durham, NC
November 27, 2020
Expertise You Have:
- BS or above in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience developing Android apps using Kotlin and/or Java
- Exposure to Agile development methodology
- Verifiable experience as a technical leader using Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, Gradle, and Android Studio in a large, enterprise environment, preferably as part of a team of Android engineers
- Participated in the release of at least 1 publicly available app to Google Play participating from inception to launch using automated toolings like Jenkins, Gradle, and Google Developer APIs.
- Experience designing, building, and deploying applications in a DevOps environment using CI/CD tools; experience with Git/Bitbucket Server (Stash), Jenkins, and uDeploy is a plus
- Proven knowledge with Kotlin/Java and the Open Source stack technologies
- In-depth knowledge of secure coding standards and practices
- Code Quality/Coverage Tools (Sonar, JaCoCo, or equivalent)
- You have excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams across the organization.
The Skills You Bring:
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, highly matrix environment to achieve group goals
- A desire and aptitude for learning innovative technologies
- Previous experience using business requirements to develop technical designs and define architectural strategies and solutions
- Following standard methodologies for code development
- Demonstrable experience integrating with APIs with a solid understanding of RESTful web services.
- Hands-on experience in developing applications utilizing Android design patterns including MVP, MVC, MVVM, and Clean Architecture with a focus on Test Driven Development
- Good understanding of Android Architecture Components like LiveData, Room, and ViewModel as well as open-source libraries like Retrofit, Picasso, and OkHttp to build modern, architecturally compliant, and future-ready apps
- The ability to communicate problems and recommend solutions to project leaders
The Value You Deliver:
- Defining and developing mobile applications for our FHG Digital products
- Working closely with application owners, architecture and business sponsors
- Rapid prototyping to validate good and bad ideas quickly
- Writing source code, adapting existing components, and unit testing developed components.
- Ensuring designs meet performance, security, usability, and reliability and scalability requirements.
- Mentoring and encouraging more junior technical staff