Senior Automation Engineer
Senior Automation Engineer needed in Pleasanton, CA
Duration of employment
November 30, 2020
- 7+ years of (QE) Quality Engineering test automation experience
- 5+ years of hands-on programming/scripting experience in Java
Required Skills/Must Have:
- 7+ years of (QE) Quality Engineering test automation experience in developing Automation Scripts using Selenium, TestNg, AutoIT, Grid & Webdriver, xPath utilities, custom reports, trend analysis, file difference / compare tools, Protractor, Watir.
- 5+ years of hands-on programming/scripting experience in Java. Python\Ruby\C# programming is an added advantage but the primary essential coding skill required is Java.
- Experience with BDD test automation frameworks using Cucumber-JVM, Mocha, Chai, Gherkin best practices.
- Experience with API testing frameworks primarily on REST-Assured & Jersey JAX-RS. Added advantage skills were SOAPUI, Tosca, Apigee, Jmeter, Assertible, and Karate DSL.
- Experience with JIRA & XRAY API level implementations. Knowledge of Defect Management process in HP ALM & JIRA.TestRail and Zephyr is an added advantage skillset.
- Experience with Mobile Test Automation (Appium & Android SDK) including any of integration solutions such as Browserstack, Saucelabs, Perfecto, and Keynote DeviceAnywhere.
- Proficient with SQL for adding, modifying and extracting data from a RDBMS database including No-SQL or JSON formatted DBs.
- Must have experience with TestNg/Junit, Maven/Ant, and also Jenkins inclusive of Shell Scripting for CI/CD/CT integrations with DevOps.
- Understanding and working knowledge with Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid, ATDD frameworks inclusive of BDD & TDD techniques.
- Experience with version control tools (Azure DevOps Servers\TFS, GIT or SVN)
- Working knowledge of AI (Artificial Intelligence) techniques and frameworks such as Tensorflow, CNTK, Cafee, Theano, Keras, Torch including Security & Performance testing tools
- The engineer should have experience with designing automation framework in such a way that it increases and speeds up productivity by creating reusable functions.
- The engineer also must provide support for the framework(s), for example, supporting Development/QE with issues using the tool. The engineer will implement automation test scripts. Integration with the test management tool is also planned.
- The Senior Test Automation Engineer must be able to take on leadership responsibilities and influence the direction of the automation effort, and its schedule and prioritization.
- The engineer will work with management, developers, and quality assurance personnel, to meet these goals.
- Additionally the Senior Test Automation Engineer will also support the smoke/sanity testing requirements of DevOps Release Engineering team after build deployments. These build tests will ensure that the code drops to quality assurance are of the highest quality.
- The engineer will provide a practical approach to complex product testing, specifically in the areas of the automation of test cases for the purposes of regression testing. He/she will be a creative and proactive thinker and will make use of current technologies to provide extensible automation infrastructures.
- The engineer will review product requirements, functional and design specifications to determine and prepare automated test cases.
- The engineer will work closely with other QE team members to automate the execution and verification of reports created by the various company products.
- The engineer will work closely with various Development team members to understand testing objectives and ensure that problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- The engineer will be part of a team focusing on automation of an identified set of migration tests, checking that they run correctly in a given environment. The team would focus on developing and testing these automation buckets which would be executed by other teams.
- The engineer will work concurrently on several projects, each with specific instructions that may differ from project to project.
Principal Duties/Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop, prepare, and execute Test Automation Scripting for both, BDD/TDD and Hybrid, linear test frameworks on multiple platforms such as Desktop, Multiweb, and Mobile Web & Apps.
- Delivery Unit, Functional, Regression, E2E Testing artifacts, and results through test automation.
- Expert to find bottlenecks/thresholds in existing, develop new code with strong JAVA coding skills.
- Engage in more complex or time-critical quality assurance testing of Next Generation Systems such as the new Guidewire Billing system Perform functional testing on all modules such as policy payments, invoicing and billing & Collection, etc.
- Working hands-on "Quality AGILE + DevOps" environment with API testing, Microservices, Object-Oriented Design, CI/CD integrates with Continuous Testing and Cloud-Native architectures.
- Deliver end-to-end project & product software testing lifecycle (STLC) needs such as technical assessment, estimation, meet target timelines, support, and involvement in manual testing as required.
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve testing through innovative automation and best practices.
- Work closely with Management to support & improve efficiency in test automation net outcomes.
- Deliver and complete test automation assignments and send reports in a timely manner.
- Writing both implementation steps and code with BDD test automation frameworks using Cucumber-JVM latest version
- Automation of APIs using testing frameworks primarily on REST-Assured & Jersey JAX-RS or Other Standard API Programming in conjunction with JAVA