Principal Cloud Technologist
Principal Cloud Technologist needed in Durham, NC
Duration of employment
November 30, 2020
The Expertise We’re Looking For:
- 8+ years of IT experience
- Experience with enabling and managing cloud services, usage, and optimizations
- 4+ years of software engineering with a focus on CI/CD and release management
- Experience with enabling and managing cloud services, usage and optimization
- 4+ years of experience designing, implementing, and managing Kubernetes (EKS, AKS)
- 4+ years experience managing solutions as code by using GIT
- 2+ years with Jenkins
- 2+ years with Shell Scripting
- 3+ years of experience in 24x7 production environments.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and Go
- Experience designing, implementing, and hosting solutions based in AWS and/or Azure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences – or equivalent work experience
The Skills You Bring:
- Extensive experience in designing and developing automation
- Lead significant productivity improvements that result in direct business opportunities for Client
- Create solutions that support DevOps practices for delivery and operations of services
- Adapting to rapid changes in Cloud with the ability to learn very quickly
- Track record of ideation and innovating technology at scale
- Detailed problem-solving approach, coupled with good interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
The Value You Deliver:
- SREs troubleshoot, debug, evaluate and resolve computer-identified alarms, make feature enhancements, bug fixes, systems management, perform software deployments and migrations, host management, and automate routine operational tasks.
- The position requires a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills and includes a mix of on-call and operational tasks, and involves small to medium level software development work.
- Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions via simplification and automation.
- Cultivate relationships with developers, engineers, and other technology partners to understand their infrastructure needs.
- Act as a technical point of escalation, provide mentorship, and technical direction to team members, and evangelize best practices and methodologies.