Java Full-stack Engineer
Java Full-stack Engineer needed in Durham, NC
Duration of employment
November 30, 2020
The Value You Deliver:
- Understand the leadership vision and lead the execution of that vision.
- Help strengthen further the culture of innovation by setting examples
- Find creative ways to get things done, and do them right
- Foster a culture of best in class software engineering practices
- Exercise a passion for keeping your knowledge up-to-date with the latest and greatest
- Help maintain a high level of integrity in the team
- Take ownership and accountability for determining what needs to be done
The Expertise We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's / Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering
- Outstanding problem-solving skills dealing with complex distributed deployments
- Strong leadership skills: you must be passionate about engineering excellence, highly focused, innovative, great teammate, self-starter, collaborator, and someone who’s eager to learn and teach every day.
- 7+ years of development experience (currently hands-on) in Java, Spring MVC / Spring Core / Web Services (SOAP/REST), and configuring web containers.
- 3+ years of development experience in Angular, NodeJS, JSP, HTML, CSS/SASS, Jquery, Backbone, Jasmine, Protractor.
- 2+ years of Responsive & Progressive Modern Web application development.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate the work based on strategic nature, importance, and urgency.
- Champion and advocate of Test Driven Development, Unit testing using frameworks and tools like Junit, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor
- Hands-on with IDE’s Spring Tool Suite and Eclipse - within a UNIX and Windows environment.
- Fully hands-on with application builds and deploys using Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins, Maven, uDeploy, etc.
- Good understanding of cloud-computing / cloud services platforms (e.g. AWS or azure)
- Lead multiple development work streams through integration and ensure the architecture is scalable and extensible
- Collaborate with other principal developers to ensure a common vision
- Align with the leadership’s vision for the products and ensure that day-to-day tactical requests don’t compromise that vision.
- Lead the team to think in terms of design patterns and Object-Oriented Methodology
- Mentor other software engineers to foster an engaged and highly skilled team.
- Enforce existing engineering practices and setting new ones as and when needed.
- Lead the effort to define, maintain, and support Java development environment and best practices, such as Maven, Sonar, and other Open Source tools
- Lead the identification, isolation, resolution, and communication of complex problems within the production and non-production environment.
- Ensure a robust code review process is in place and followed consistently.
- Proactively lead process and technology improvement initiatives.